Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Named authors’ consent to publication and meet the requirements of authorship as set out by the journal.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- Any conflict of interest (or competing interests) as indicated by the author(s).
- A covering letter signed by ALL authors as a supplementary file.
- Written confirmation of Research Ethics Committee approval must be submitted as a supplementary file.
- Authors' details, including full names, current position, department and place of work, email addresses as well as ORCID as a supplementary file.
The text complies with the stylistic and bibliographic requirements as per the Authors' Guidelines:
- A style template is available under the Author Guidelines. The manuscript is in Microsoft Word format. The text is 1,5-spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman font, and contains no unnecessary formatting.
- Illustrations/figures are high resolution/quality (not compressed) and in an acceptable format (preferably TIFF or PNG) and submitted as supplementary files.
- Tables must be submitted as supplementary files (not included in the manuscript).
- Where possible, references are accompanied by a digital object identifier (DOI) and PubMed ID (PMID)/PubMed Central ID (PMCID)
- An structured abstract or summary has been included where applicable.
Copyright NoticeThe South African Journal of Surgery (SAJS) reserves copyright of the material published. The work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial Works 4.0 South Africa License. Material submitted for publication in the SAJS is accepted provided it has not been published elsewhere. The SAJS does not hold itself responsible for statements made by the authors.
The SAJS is committed to protecting the privacy of the users of this journal website. The names, personal particulars and email addresses entered in this website will be used only for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available to third parties without the user’s permission or due process. Users consent to receive communication from the SAJS for the stated purposes of the journal. Queries with regard to privacy may be directed to email@example.com.